the WordPress mailing platform
First Things First
Welcome. MailPress is a very special project to me and I'm proud to be a part of it ;-). Lot of hours have gone into MailPress, and I am dedicated to making it better every day. Thank you for making it part of your world.
— André Renaut
- PHP version 7.0 or higher
- WordPress version 5.0 or higher
- PHP functions
proc_open() must be available
- PHP extensions
intl must be available
MailPress 7.1 is using swiftmailer 6.1.3.
- Style your html and plain text mails with dedicated themes and templates.
- Newsletters/Post notifications on a per post, daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Subscriptions to Comments, Newsletters/Post notifications and even to Mailing lists.
- Support international emails
- Support Dkim or S/Mime
- and much more, for free !
- Before any installation, make sure you have a smtp server available (supports smtp (default) or sendmail).
- Have all informations to access to this server at hand.
- The installation process is like any other plugin.
- Once activated, go to "Settings > MailPress", fill and save the settings for each tab (General, (Connection to your mail server), Test, ...
- Once everything is set, use the Test tab in "Settings > MailPress" to validate your settings (your first mail with MailPress)
- You can also install the MailPress widget on your front page : "Appearance > Widgets".
- Just browse the different MailPress admin screens, read the help in the help tab for each screen.
- Now that you are familiar with this plugin, you can visit "Plugins > MailPress Add-ons" to add options to your plugin (may be you already did it to activate sendmail).
- I wisely recommand to activate add-ons one by one, and see what are the changes in the MailPress settings admin panel, in the help, etc ...
WordPress automatic upgrade is a delete and replace process !
- Deactivate all MailPress Add-ons
- Save or Back-up any customized file (if any)
- Deactivate the plugin
- Restore any customized files (if any)
- Activate plugin and add-ons
MailPress themes and templates do not need to be changed if customized in a previous MailPress release.
If you have any questions that aren't addressed in this document, please take advantage of MailPress numerous online resources:
- Read the
readme.txt of MailPress
- MailPress google group
- The MailPress google group. See the Welcome page.
Autoresponders ( based on wp-cron ).
Allow subscription to newsletters for posts, per post, daily, weekly, monthly ...
Need to organize the emails inserted into MailPress and/or let your users to choose which mailing lists they subscribe to, based on WordPress taxonomy concept (post categories, link categories, tags).
Track your mails will report opening rate, clicks generated and much more.
Synchronize with WordPress
If you want to synchronize MailPress with your WordPress registered users.
Your website becomes more and more successful, you have now plenty of subscribers, processing a large number of recipients becomes an issue ! , use the
Process your mail bounces with
If you need to set Capabilities in MailPress, use this add-on.
You can read more about Roles and Capabilities on the Codex.
SMTP, Sendmail ... SMTPUTF8
Natively, MailPress support SMTP connections to your mail server, however you can switch to Sendmail.
- If you have any suggestions, ideas, comments, or if you (gasp!) found a bug, join the MailPress community in the MailPress google group.
Share the Love
MailPress has no multi-million euro marketing campaign or celebrity sponsors, but do have something even better—you. If you enjoy MailPress please consider telling a friend, setting it up for someone less knowledgable than yourself, or writing a post on MailPress.
And thank you for your (financial) support.